Memoirs of an American in Japan

What can I say, I must be a little mad. I am packing up my bags and moving 5,500 miles away from all my family and friends to a little country called Japan. Some call me crazy, and some call me adventurous, but I am ready for the experience of a lifetime...

Name:
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

On my second tour of teaching abroad, this time teaching Kindergarten in the Abu Dhabi desert.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

How many ways can I procrastinate...

I'm only on here because I have a bunch of reports I am supposed to be writing and I have done everything I can to procrastinate (I am the world champ procrastinator, how I got through college (both times)
-Apartment-spotless
-Shower-done,
-Dinner-ate,
-Email-checked,
-Updated on US news-check,
-Roomie-out of town tonight,
-Blog-haven't done that in a while... so here I am.

Not too much to update on the Japan front. I haven't done anything too exciting in the past two weeks, other then recuperating from all the traveling/skiing both physically and wallet-wise and writing 14-6 page reports by next week.

These next few weeks are going to be a bit crazy. This is how my March looks:
-Write reports (remember those) by next week
-Parent conferences next week
-Preparing for the graduation play-we are doing Chicken Little-yikes
-Science Museum Field Trip with my kids to see the Dinosaur exhibit
-Emirates Airlines is coming to my school and filming my kids playing with a bunch of toys
-oh oh and...my ENTIRE (Mom, Dad, Bro and Sis) family are coming at the end of March to visit for two weeks
Just typing that makes me get dizzy.

A Little Side note on the Weather:
Living in Japan this year has me a bit worried about Global Warming. To say the least it has been a very strange 6 months weather wise (according to the locals). It has been a very warm year in both Fall and Winter-didn't snow once in Nagakute and the plum blossoms bloomed 2 weeks early this year. And now the weather has gone schizo-its beautiful weather one day, rainy the next, freezing and windy the next. One day I'm wearing flip flops and a tshirt, next day I'm in a fleece and tennis shoes. Can't the weather just make up its mind to be Spring all ready. My Spring flip flops and t-shirts are out and ready to be used.

OK-I'm done rambling and procrastinating, back to reports-its midnight and I've got a good 2 hours and another report to be written left in me-all loaded up on diet coke :)

I'll see y'all in April :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home