Memoirs of an American in Japan

What can I say, I must be a little mad. I am packing up my bags and moving 5,500 miles away from all my family and friends to a little country called Japan. Some call me crazy, and some call me adventurous, but I am ready for the experience of a lifetime...

Name:
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

On my second tour of teaching abroad, this time teaching Kindergarten in the Abu Dhabi desert.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Finished...almost

It has been a crazy 2 weeks but...Yeah!!! I finally finished all the reports and meetings with the parents today and boy were they fun, especially since I got sick in the middle and lost a whole night of report writing. It was like writing papers back in college and spent hours upon hours at Starbucks, except I didn't get graded:)
I am free, almost. Tomarrow is the last day I will see my kids for 2 1/2 weeks. We have our holiday concert, where each class performs 3 songs in from of the parents-then I am free. Am I sad, not really I need the break from the kiddoes and I think (I dont think, I know) they need a break from school. And on Saturday, I am off to America for 2 weeks to see all the fam and friends.

I haven't done to much lately that is noteworthy other then going to the Orchid Garden this past weekend. Christmas has definitly arrived in Nagoya, Japan. For a country who's religon is primarily Buddist and Shinto they sure do love Christmas. The xmas decorations here can go up against any big city decorations in the US. For example, Kae, Naomi and I went to the Orchid Gardens in Nagoya this past weekend because of a Christmas concert, and the decorations there were amazing:











Kae, Naomi and I in the greenhouse area










Christmas Tree with Santa and his sleigh in the middle of a giant pond




Amazing Christmas tree made out of orchids















Showcase house, beautiful


If I don't get on here before Christmas, I hope everyone has a nice day!! (If your in sac area give me a call)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home