Memoirs of an American in Japan

What can I say, I must be a little mad. I am packing up my bags and moving 5,500 miles away from all my family and friends to a little country called Japan. Some call me crazy, and some call me adventurous, but I am ready for the experience of a lifetime...

Name:
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

On my second tour of teaching abroad, this time teaching Kindergarten in the Abu Dhabi desert.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Osaka and Kobe with Charrissa

Last weekend I traveled with Charrissa to Osaka and Kobe. We had a three day weekend,our last for a long time so I wanted to utilize it. We decided Thursday night to head down to Osaka and Kobe. I hadn't been there yet and Charrissa was meeting a friend on Monday so we decided to be spontaneously.

I'm too tired and lazy tonight to put any real thought into this, so I am just going to put up some pics of the trip and describe each picture :)

















The streets of Osaka.














If you can't read the shirt it says, "Sacramento Savings" found this beaut in the crazy streets of Osaka. I was very excited. You dont see much about Sacramento in Japan.













I thought the Statue of Liberty was in NYC-who knew it was also in Osaka. This is apparently the American Village in Osaka. I wasn't so impressed.











Really cool orange Torii Gates at a Temple in Kobe. The weird thing about this temple was that all the buildings were brand new.



China Town-Kobe; really cool little neighborhood, the story of us arriving here is a funny one-if you want to know it, email or call me but it involves; 1 mile walk in the wrong direction, a stranger hauling a cab for us and handing the cab driver 2 blue tickets=free cab ride to China Town, also very yummy, cheap food
Earthquake Memorial at the Kobe docks. Absoluetly incredible. The picture is not tilted, yes those lamps are really leaning that far over.
One funny little tidbit about Kobe: The first American Consolute in Kobe building now houses a Big and Tall clothing store, is it just me or is that a bit ironic-haha
Osaka Castle-I went sightseeing on my own on Monday and visited the castle. My first one in Japan, its a nice one. Now a museum the original castle was burned down in 1600's
Osaka Castle-amazing views of Osaka from the observatory deck.
The plum blossoms are starting to blossom. Its a bit early for them to blossom-its been a warm year
Japanese families picnicing by the plum blossoms, LOTS of photos being taken
I ended up shinking it home from Osaka all by myself. I hadn't been on teh Shinkansen so this seemed like the perfect time to try it. A three hour journey to Osaka using a local train, only took 45 minutes on the Shinkansen. Totally Awesome-I think Im in love with the Shink :)
Kyoto on the Shink-I think that is some really famous shrine
The shinkansen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home