Memoirs of an American in Japan

What can I say, I must be a little mad. I am packing up my bags and moving 5,500 miles away from all my family and friends to a little country called Japan. Some call me crazy, and some call me adventurous, but I am ready for the experience of a lifetime...

Name:
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

On my second tour of teaching abroad, this time teaching Kindergarten in the Abu Dhabi desert.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Retail and other types of therapy needed




Really awesome building in Sakae, a mini glass lake on top of a roof

Saturday was one of those crazy random days were you wake up and you dont expect much from that day, but it turns out to be one of those fun, unforgetable, awesome days. I woke exhausted from work, the whole week the kids had been riding my back (I'll just say, I took a 5 hour nap on a friday night-greeaaat week). I woke up Saturday morning and decided I needed some retail therapy (and so did my roomate) so we headed to Sakae the major shoppind district in Nagoya. We ended up going crazy shopping-we walked into the massive Hyakoyen (I think thats how you spell it ?? hundren yen) shop when it was still a bright sunny day and emerged from the store in the pitch black-talk about being disoriented. We spent a small fortune but it did make us feel better : )

This weekend was also the Nagoya Festival-big festival with lots going on. We didn't see a whole lot of it-but were lucky enough to catch a Paiko drumming demonstration, and it was absolutly amazing.



I'm just going to say, the night didnt end there, we met up with a group of Americans (finally around people who understand my jokes-j/k love you aussie girls:) at the Amadillo a Tex-mex bar in Japan-who knew, and ended up at a karaoke bar. I will spare you the details mom, dad and grandma and grandpa but I didnt get home till 5 am.

WHAT A DAY!!

Just for you dad, the same John Deere coffee mugs we bought you from Walmart in a random funky cool shop in Sakae :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home