Memoirs of an American in Japan

What can I say, I must be a little mad. I am packing up my bags and moving 5,500 miles away from all my family and friends to a little country called Japan. Some call me crazy, and some call me adventurous, but I am ready for the experience of a lifetime...

Name:
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

On my second tour of teaching abroad, this time teaching Kindergarten in the Abu Dhabi desert.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Aged People's Day

A little note about Aged People's Day. Today I did not go to work because it is a National Holiday to celebrate the senior citizans (You had Labor Day and I got Aged People's Day: ). I think it is is a wonderful thing to celebrate and I think we should celebrate and respect our elders more in the U.S.

In class we held a little party for all the grandparents and it was soo nice to see the kids with their grandparents. All the parents and grandparents had cameras and camcorders in hand to cherish thier grandkids and this moment forever, and I'm a happy I and Yasuko (my co-teacher) could be the one to make it happen.

Love you Grandma and Grandpa Mueller and Sheets

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home