Memoirs of an American in Japan

What can I say, I must be a little mad. I am packing up my bags and moving 5,500 miles away from all my family and friends to a little country called Japan. Some call me crazy, and some call me adventurous, but I am ready for the experience of a lifetime...

Name:
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

On my second tour of teaching abroad, this time teaching Kindergarten in the Abu Dhabi desert.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'm back......in Japan that is!

So here is the short version of why I'm back...I'm still in a bit of shock, I got a call on Mother's day from my old boss in Japan saying they would like me to finish up the school year with my class from last year. And because of the budget crisis (look up on cali budget crisis education) schools are not hiring at the moment-unlucky for me (lucky for me-either way you want to look at it:) So, I gave up Phantom of the Opera (sorry Beth) and packed my bags for two months in Japan. CRAZY-this would only happen to me!!
So now, I've been in Japan for 5 days and this is the first day I can sit and relax. It is sooo crazy to be back (I've been saying that all week-think char's getting annoyed) Nothing has changed!! Smells and sounds are the same, Nagakute-cho hasn't changed, and Nagoya is as big and crazy as ever.
I feel like I went on a small vacation and just returned back to work (while I was home Japan felt like a dream). It feels so natural to return to school, be with my kids and catch up with my friends at our local hangouts.
The kids are all soo big. It's amazing how much the 5 yr class has grown, I had them when they were the 2nd youngest class in the school and now they are the oldest. They are so independent now, I can actually relax during the day.
I am looking forward to a hot, sweaty summer in Japan and will be back in cali mid July. I am already planning my big trip before I leave. Not sure where to yet, but if anyone wants to come out and climb mt Fuji let me know :) and of course Kyoto will be in there somewhere.
I promise I will update this periodically, and pics will come up soon (when I take some)

*** Grams, you got your update :) (only took 8 months-oops)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home